1) Do I need to have background in Finance to get this MS Finance degree?
No. Our students come from various backgrounds with the majority holding a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, and Accountancy. There are also students with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing as well as Law.
2) How long does it take to get my MS Finance degree?
According to the study plan
- Full-Time Program
- Plan A consists of one year of courseworks and a thesis. Under this plan, it is possible to complete the degree within one year.
- Plan B consists of one year of courseworks, a special project and a comprehensive exam. Under this plan, it is possible to complete the degree within one year and one term. Note that the comprehensive exam can be taken only after the student has completed all courseworks and the special project.
- Flexible Program consists of two years of courseworks, a special project and a comprehensive exam. Under this plan, it is possible to complete the degree within two years and one term. Note that the comprehensive exam can be taken only after the student has completed all courseworks and the special project.
Of course, to complete the MS Finance degree within the plan, you must prepare to work hard. You will need to stay “focused”, and be able to (i) resist the non-academic temptations and (ii) strictly adhere to the guidelines for tackling the course work requirements and research topic.
3) How hard should I expect to work in order to accomplish my degree within the study plan period?
You can expect to spend at least 5 hours per lecture in addition to the lecture hours. Of course, this is for each subject. The hours are likely to be spent mostly on reading your lecture notes and reading the suggested articles.
4) What is required for my thesis or independent study project (special project)?
Your thesis or special project must make a sufficient contribution to the literature. Specifically, it has to be something which constitutes new knowledge or has not been done before. For instance, you may use data on Thai firms to test an existing theoretical hypothesis that has never before been tested in Thailand. However, you would not be required to come up with a new theory although you are allowed to.
5) Will I get to see my lecturers outside lectures if I have questions or problems?
Yes, of course. Your lecturers always want to answer your specific questions.
Or, give us a call at +66 2 2185674-5, or send us a fax at +66 2 2185676.