Master of Science in Finance (MSF) is one of the two master’s programs under the umbrella of the Department of Banking and Finance, Chulalongkorn Business School, Chulalongkorn University. The program was established in October 1996 in response to rapid changes in both the domestic and international financial markets. Over the past ten years, the curriculum has been under constant revision to keep the MSF Program full of innovation, academic rigor, new challenges.
The MSF Program offers graduate students the latest advanced knowledge in the field of finance. The program’s lecturing staff consists of Chulalongkorn University’s own faculty and experts in the financial services industry. Students admitted to the program will be provided with cutting-edge knowledge and facilities. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to work throughout the financial services fields, such as corporate treasury, banks, investment banks, and other financial institutions.
PROGRAM MISSION & VISION
Master of Science in Finance Program at Chulalongkorn Business School strives to produce graduates with high proficiency in areas of finance. Graduates from the Program will be well equipped with both academic theories and applications in various fields of finance.
Vision of the MSF Program
The Top Master of Science in Finance Program in the nation and widely recognized internationally
The Master of Science in Finance Program offers graduates students the comprehensive finance education with blend of academic theories and applications. The Program offers the latest advanced knowledge in the field of finance under the fast growing and innovative financial and business world. The academic rigor coupled with high quality academic and applied research are to ensure the MSF graduates are capable of working or pursuing higher education, both domestically and internationally. The cutting-edge knowledge and skills, the comprehensive database, resources, and facilities offered by the Program equip MSF graduates with well- rounded learning experience both inside and outside the class. Upon completion of the Program, students will be able to work in the financial services fields, such as corporate treasury, commercial banks, investment banks, and other financial institutions in both domestic and multinational corporations.
Based on the vision and mission, MSF sets the program goals and objectives as follows.
1) Disciplinary Knowledge: Students acquire a thorough comprehension of the key concepts in finance domestically and internationally, and are able to apply those concepts in practice.
2) Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: Students are able to analyze complex problems in finance, and produce a theoretically-sound, and practically-feasible solution.
3) Ethical Understanding: Students recognize the ethical issues that often arise in the practice of finance, and understand how to apply appropriate ethical principles.
4) Oral Communication: Students can verbally express their ideas, and relate their understanding of the theory and practice of finance through an effective, well-delivered oral presentation.
5) Written Communication: Students can compose a well-written, well-organized documents that demonstrate their acquired knowledge in finance.
6) Information Technology Literacy: Students know how to employ advanced quantitative 5) Written Communication: Students can compose a well-written, well-organized documents that demonstrate their acquired knowledge in finance.
7) Innovative Thinking: Students are able to develop innovative research questions and creatively select appropriate research methodology, resulting in interesting research findings.
8) Global Knowledge: Students possess well-rounded knowledge in integrated global financial market and are able to apply it to real world problem.
Chulalongkorn Business School AACSB Accreditation and MSF Program EPAS Accreditation
In addition to Chulalongkorn Business School’s AACSB accreditation, the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program at Chulalongkorn Business School, Chulalongkorn University, has been awarded EPAS accreditation by European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Program Accreditation on February 17, 2015. We are very proud that our MSF is the only master-degree program in Finance in Thailand that has been granted EPAS accreditation. Moreover, out of the programs under world renowned universities accredited by the EPAS, a very small number is Finance. This EPAS accreditation is therefore a truly great success which further guarantees that our MSF program and curriculum are on par with the international standard. It has set another milestone of the MSF program in terms of internationalization.
Regarding the accreditation criteria, EPAS by EFMD evaluated both the quality and international perspectives of the program through a very complex, lengthy, and rigorous process. In order to receive the EPAS accreditation, the MSF program was evaluated on various aspects including (Source: EFMD):
The marketing positioning of the program nationally and internationally
The strategic position of the program within its institution
The design process including assessment of stakeholder requirements – particular students and employers
The program objectives and intended learning outcomes
The curriculum content and delivery system
The extent to which the program has an international focus and a balance between academic and managerial dimensions
The depth and rigor of the assessment process (relative to the degree level of the program)
The quality of the student body and of the program’s graduates
The institution’s resources allocated to the support the program
The appropriateness of the faculty that deliver the program
The quality of the alumni and their career progression
We promise to continue to develop our MSF program to maintain the program’s vision and objectives, which are, first, to be the top Master of Science in Finance program in the nation and widely recognized internationally and, secondly, to produce high quality graduates with high proficiency in the areas of the finance. The MSF program will keep equipping our students with latest advanced knowledge in the field of finance to ensure that our graduates are capable of working or pursuing higher education, both domestically and internationally.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE AND SUPPORTING STAFF
Narapong Srivisal, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. Anirut Pisedtasalasai, Ph.D.
Tanawit Sae-Sue, Ph.D.
Pornpitchaya Kuwalairat, Ph.D.
Jananya Sthienchoak, Ph.D.
Ruttachai Seelajaroen, Ph.D.
Associate Director and Secretary
Tanakorn Likitapiwat, Ph.D.
Miss Chanthima Boonthueng
Miss Alisa Khuarunyasunthon